Saturday, January 07, 2012

About This Blog

September 19, 2006 - Original Post

I kept a Book of Mormon journal while I was a missionary. In it, I provided personal commentary and insights to my reading of the Book of Mormon. It continues to be a work in progress. There is so much to ponder and to apply from the teachings found in the Book of Mormon.

I could only place part of Elder Maxwell's quote regarding the Book of Mormon in my blog subtitle. The entire quote captures how I feel about studying the Book of Mormon:

"For my part, I am glad the book will be with us "as long as the earth shall stand." I need and want additional time. For me, towers, courtyards, and wings await inspection. My tour of it has never been completed. Some rooms I have yet to enter, and there are more flaming fireplaces waiting to warm me. Even the rooms I have glimpsed contain further furnishings and rich detail yet to be savored. There are panels inlaid with incredible insights and design and decor dating from Eden. There are also sumptuous banquet tables painstakingly prepared by predecessors which await all of us. Yet, we as Church members sometimes behave like hurried tourists, scarcely venturing beyond the entry hall to the mansion" (Neal A. Maxwell, The Book of Mormon: A Great Answer to "The Great Question" December 31, 2003 link to entire talk).

This blog will share my insights that I have gathered from reading this scripture over the past 10 or so years of my life.

I invite anyone who reads this blog to share their thoughts and experiences regarding the teachings found in The Book of Mormon.

January 7, 2012 - Addition

It's been a few years since I finished a focused reading and commentary of the Book of Mormon.  As I read the Book of Mormon this year and as we study it in Sunday School class, I will be resiving posts.  I'll note the date of the original post as well as revisions.  I'll also republish those posts I update with the most current date so they "float" to the top of the blog.

Feel free to leave comments.  Comment moderation is turned on, so spam and hardened-opinon comments won't appear.  I'd prefer to approve comments that are honest; thought-provoking or faith-building.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: